Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Beach Days

We had a great schedule this summer - I will share that in detail in a later post.  But was had days specified for swimming - and many of those swimming days turned into beach days.  

We have 2 lakes within about 15 minutes from us.  It's fabulous.  Lake swimming is far superior to pool swimming.  1) sand - all are entertained the whole time. 2) not as crowded. 3) no life guards - this might be a negative to other people, but for me a plus.  Most pools now a days have rules that you have to keep your kids under 5 with in arms reach - EVEN if they have a floatie or life jacket.  Its absurd and I almost always get in trouble when we go to a pool.  So beach it is!

9 times out of 10 the kids play really well together.  The boys rarely tease the girls - especially not on purpose - and they all enjoy just having fun together - the worst that they do is that they often get to "silly" together - but if that's the worst I'll take it.  The older the get the less I have to do - on all of our outings now I have to remember to bring a book or something for me to do - because they don't need me to play with them anymore - and often when I try I kind of just ruin things.  My role has changed - and that's ok.

They like to play a sort of "king or the raft"  - pushing each other off the raft











.


No comments: