Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Monday, August 17, 2015

Lair o the Bear

Another one of our Saturday family hikes.  This one is called "Lair o the bear" - I don't know why.  The kids were disappointed to not see a bear or even a bear cave.  But it was beautiful, shaded, and interesting enough to keep us all happily hiking for a mile and a half.

The best part about this hike was the hiking sticks.  They were all able to find really good ones.  I love a kid with a hiking stick!


Noah wanted a picture with his stick on the rock looking like he "claimed" it

Of course the girls then wanted one too.

We found a good "beach" to throw rocks into the river.

Madison and Megan like to pick flowers for me to put in my hair.

A family joke is, "if you ever want to know where Noah is... look 20 feet behind you."  This is true for hiking.  That is Noah in the black shirt.... about 20 feet behind the girls.

Sorry for the overload of pictures.  It was just a great hike and I was taking a lot of pictures, and I find them all adorable and bring to my mind an emotion of joy, happiness, and freedom.


These two are usually hiking in front - just talking away.



























No comments: