Last fall I really tried to get our kids involved in service. I fell off the service band wagon since the new year - it was time to try again. Last week we went to a local Catholic Church and participated in a service project called "Project Linus" - making blankets for at risk babies and children. I have gone to this event several times but this time I decided to take the kids, figuring they are old enough to tie knots at the end of fleece blankets.
When we got there some missionaries were there. That is Sis Parslow and Sis McBride - I have worked with them a lot.
Krista and Andrea.
They also had blank quilt squares that the kids could color before stitching. Jason helped the girls make a few.
The boys and I cut fleece.Isn't he cute?
Together we cut and tied 4 blankets - it was a good way to spend a Saturday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment