Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Feeding the homeless

One Sunday evening several families went down town to feed the homeless.  We provided all the food and all the service.  Our family was assigned a vegetable tray.  Everyone got involved and we pealed and chopped vegetables for about 100.  It took a good 2 hours - but all four of the were really involved and excited to help.
However, when it came time to go it was cold, rainy, and windy outside.  I didn't want to MAKE my children go help if they were just going to be miserable and whinny the whole time.  So I game them a choice.  Madison chose to brave the cold with me and we went and served.  The other three stayed home with Jason, but they helped load and unload the car and cleaned up our chopping mess. 

It was a great time. 

Madison made friends with these "bridge people" that is their house and Madison truly became friends with them.  She just won them over with her charm.  When we left she said, "wait I have to say bye to my friends and ran back to say bye."  They all said, "Bye Madison".




 

No comments: