Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Monday, November 20, 2017

Old journal entry

I may have already posted this in a post somewhere.  But I found this as a draft and I thought I should post it.  So if it is posted twice it is not to magnify this problem - I just wanted to document it.

"I have been having a hard time in my mothering - different than my problems have been in the past.  After a little bit (or a lot) of soul searching I came up with a few reasons.  One was my kids.  I found great joy in my children being home and being little.  I had several times a day when I would have those moments of pure joy where I felt like my heart would burst.  They were just easy little moments - putting together a puzzle, pushing on a swing, sliding down a slide, feeding ducks, reading a book - I would just look at them and I would be filled with joy.  Well turns out that is an endorphin kick.  I don't have those anymore - and while I am not sad that I don't have those moments - my body has not chemically adjusted to having these endorphin shots several times a day.  I now have those maybe a few times a month.  I am now just the referee in the house - telling them what to do when they get home from school - sorry - but I find NO joy in that.  And while I am enjoying this stage of mothering and I find it just as appealing and rewarding - I do not have those joy filled moments."

No comments: