Missed post from last school year. Here are some random pictures from school projects.
Brock competed in battle of the books last year (he is currently doing it again right now for this school year). This was HUGE for Brock and us. Brock is not a particularly strong reader, in fact at the beginning of last year he was WAY behind in reading. As a result he didn't like reading. But there is one thing Brock loves... Brock thrives on...Competition. He came home and said he wanted to compete and I looked at the list and just knew how hard it was going to be for him - not ONE book was on his reading level. We talked to him and he assured us he wanted to do it. Jason and I read each book with him - well... Jason read 6 of the books - I read one. And he did it! And in the process he doubled his reading scores and is now reading on grade level. He is amazing. Brock never ceases to amaze me. He loved competing and being on a team. I was so proud of him!
This was for 100 days of Kindergarten.
Noah and his partner at their Native American display. This year the blessed teacher decided to have them do this project 100% at school! Those are the teachers heaven is made of! I wondered how it would turn out... turns out they are much more capable and creative then we let them be! I thought all the projects turned out almost better then they would have if they did them at home. I love great teachers! AND Noah's cute smile. I just love his smile - it is so pure and sincere.
Madison was a goose for migrating day.
And this isn't school but I subbed Madison's primary class one day and it was pretty fun. I have always hated subbing in primary and avoided it at all costs (and have never had a calling in Primary or Nursery and also avoided that at all costs). But on this day I enjoyed it and thought, "I could have a primary calling". It was foreshadowing.








No comments:
Post a Comment