Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Monday, September 17, 2018

First Soccer tournament

On the second day of school Brock had his first soccer tournament.  Last spring Brock asked us if he could play competitive soccer.  He felt like rec wasn't fun anymore - and I couldn't really blame him - his rec coaches just had him run the field and do everything.  I wasn't too into the idea of competitive soccer, I think he is too young to focus only on one sport (especially with how athletic he is), it is SO expensive, and the commitment and toll on the family seemed a little overwhelming.  But Jason and he did a lot of research and found a good team for him, he tried out and made it - so we were in!

His first tournament was about an hour and a half away.  Emotionally the timing couldn't have been better.  I really enjoy watching sports, especially my kids', and Brock is old enough where the games are really fun to watch.  After the 2 weeks we had just had going to a soccer tournament all day, by myself and watching soccer games and having one on one time with Brock was just what the doctor ordered.  It was a perfect weekend.  Having older kids is pretty cool.  Brock is so fun and I loved watching him play.  I just wished I had a mom, sister, aunt, or grandma to come hang out with me for the day and watch the games!
He also did fantastic.  Over the 4 games he scored 3 times and all of the goals were essential goals in winning the games (1-0, 2-1, etc).


No comments: