Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, July 11, 2020

Baby GIrl

 My favorite days in the whole world are the 2 days I spend at the hospital with my newest newborn and my sweet husband.  During our stay our main objective was to get to know this little girl and figure out her name.  We had been thinking Eve for a while - but we (I) was unsure if it was HER name.  I had a sweet experience in the early hours of Monday morning where I was assured that this was her name.

I hadn't been able  to really eat for the last 3 months - but as soon as she was born I was ravenous and non of it gave me heart burn!!  It is funny how all of the sudden  you are NOT pregnant.

Our hospital stay was great.  We love Castle Rock Adventist Hospital, they are vary natural childbirth friendly.  Also, things weren't crazy over Covid.  Jason could come and go as he pleased and everyone was paid back, but still protective and cautious.  It was a perfect balance for our little Covid-baby.


This is "Pirate Eve".  That is what Jason calls her.  This is how she looked at us for the first few days and she still does it sometimes.  She just opens one eye to look around before deciding if she wants to open both and be awake or go back to sleep.  It is pretty funny.






We had a beautiful view from our room.  This doesn't really do it justice - you could see layers and layers of mountains and the whole front range - it was wonderful.




This was early one morning (like 3 am) and I was in baby heaven.  These moments are beautiful and sacred to me.  Although to counter balance: After I had Madison (who we thought was our last) I remember thinking "I am so sad I never get to give birth again" and after I had Eve I thought "I am SO GLAD I never have to do that again!"  Ha

No comments: