Halloween was a Sunday this year. Without going into too much detail I decided to let my kids go trick or treating. It felt a little self righteous and hypocritical to not (not to us, but to our neighbors - Halloween is big on our street). In hind sight I wish I would have just done it as a family. That is what I should have done. But I didn't think about it until after the fact.
Here is my crew.
Can I tell you that I LOVE that the girls wanted to be hot dogs together. I DO NOT buy new Halloween costumes (like off the rack at Target) and they already had costume plans (with things we already owned). But they saw these at Target and put them on and really wanted them, I was impressed that Madison wanted too as well because she likes to be contrary and different and often pushes herself away from Megan. So while my first instinct was to say "no way!" I heard the Holy Ghost tell me to let them, the fact that they want to wear the same costume and do this together is worth it. I am an experienced parent enough to know to hold onto these moments.
Neighborhood kids. The girls went with Anna, Zoe, and Delaney - but I didn't get a picture of them. Half way through the night Madison switched and went with the boys.
Brock went with Cameron and Dillon and Noah went with Riley.
No comments:
Post a Comment