Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, December 10, 2021

Us

I basically think that Jason and I are amazing.  I have known that since the beginning.  This year we have been together for 20 years, married 17 years.  When I met him as a 16 year old he was the first person I ever met that felt about religion and God the same way I did.  We had the same view of the world, religion, values, and family.  I didn't have to hold back with him.  This is all still true today.  I have not met another person who is "with me".  Marriage isn't easy.  Neither of us is perfect.  We have major problems that may likely never get solved in this life, but I have decided that I would take our problems with our strengths every time!  There is SO MUCH GOOD.  I love spending time with him and there is no one I would rather talk to.  He is my person.

A great date night running the concession stand at the high school homecoming football game.  


As mentioned before it was out 17th wedding anniversary.  I had made reservations for us to go do sealings during nap  time.  He had bigger plans... after the temple he whisked me away for a weekend retreat to downtown Denver.  It was wonderful and glorious.  We ate yummy food, stayed at a beautiful bed and breakfast and had wonderful uninterrupted conversations - those are at a premium these days!







The girls stayed at Zoe's and the boys and babies stayed at the Neyenhuis'.  I am SO GRATEFUL for people who love my children.  They did great!



 

No comments: