2 years ago for Christmas Brock asked to go hunting. Then a bunch of little things kept getting in the way. So this was the year. But even then is wasn't that simple. Noah said he didn't want to go. So it was just Jason and Brock. But Jason had both of them get their hunter's safety. that took forever. Then they planned it all. They were supposed to leave Monday morning. On Saturday night Noah said, "Why can't I go hunting with you?" ahh! Sometimes as parents it is hard to know what your kids are thinking and internalizing. So Jason ran to Walmart to buy more hinting gear for Noah. Then on Sunday Brock decided he didn't want to go because he didn't want to miss football practice (you will remember from the other post that there was a game that Brock played almost the whole game and had a chance of starting the next game, well that was the game on Saturday and now he feared if he missed practice his coach wouldn't start him.) So what started as a Jason and Brock trip was now a Jason and Noah trip. Then in the 11th hour Brock decided he DID want to go. Then they didn't have the truck at the rental car place so they got a stupid little jeep. But... off the went.
I wasn't there so I can't report on any stories. I was glad Brock had a phone. I told him to take pictures. This is what I got. They went for 2 days and 1 night. They slept in the car. They didn't get anything. They didn't see anything. Jason read Lord of the Rings to the boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment