Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, December 26, 2021

Our fall days

To say we had a beautiful fall would be an understatement.  Here I sit on December 26th and it is 65 degrees.  We haven't had snow all winter and I don't think it has dipped below 50.  I haven't even gotten out ANY winter gear yet.  Noah's snow shoveling business is hurting.  While I understand the global impacts are negative, I have been grateful since I have 2 busy toddlers and indoor play places are still closed from Covid.  

I headed up the ward play group this fall since Megan got pregnant with her third.  It is kind of weird and awkward being "in charge" because I don't really fit in.  Most of the other moms are young 20's with their "first set" of kids.  I am grateful they are willing to pull me in and let me hang out with them.






 

Krista nanny's kids and we loved when she watched Ezra and Evie - they were the same ages as my kids and they got along so well.  We hung out almost every day.  We often went to the library story time and then up to the park.

The babies found some of the boys' old toys.  Below is a picture of the boys getting it for Christmas from their great grandma.  







We went to a pumpkin patch with some friends, Marshal and Will.


It was a perfect fall day and a perfect outing



We also love to play in our backyard
.

.
.

.

.

.





And front yard








Dane insists are wearing a tie and mask to church.  He has never actually worn the mask, but he puts in on and then 2 seconds later takes it off.  But he does want to at least put it on like everyone else.



These 2 get along pretty well.  They aren't really playing together yet, but they play along side each other and don't bother each other.  They both are good at resolving conflict.  They both offer to trade toys and are quick to apologize.  I never cared a lot about the cross-gender relationships becuase I figured they had their same gander sibling as a back up, but now I am like "they are ALL you have!"  so their is more pressure. 






I have been really into making yummy salads for lunch all fall.


She went forward facing (shh... it isn't legal yet) but she loves it.


I took all of them to the dentist.  

Our monthly family trips to the temple for baptisms often quickly grows to several youth or families.

I made completely homemade chicken noodle soup, the broth is from scratch and so are the noodles.  


And our grateful turkey.  Here is my facbook post about it:

4tgo398Nofnvemm8baoerr 1f90d 
Shared with Your friends
Friends
For Family Home Evening last we night made a thankful turkey. I was impressed by my kids thoughtful responses, most notably our Church ward. I didnt know that they loved our ward so much. Thank you to all of our ward family who love my children and make them feel like they are loved and belong. The older they get the more I am deeply grateful for everyone's love, service, and sacrifice. It really is the "best-ridge" ward!
And just a side shout out to the wonderful wards we have been part of. We have felt like we have touched heaven in the Willow Creek 5th ward, Provo 169th ward, our West Jordan ward, and now in Westridge. You have made our life deep and meaningful.

Christina Marriott
I have always said that when it comes to our youth, our ward/stake absolutely knocks it out of the park!







 

No comments: