Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Boys Camp

The boys headed off to stake boys camp the same week the girls left.  It was weird having all 4 of our teens be gone for the same week for church camps.  A few years ago I would have assumed Jason and I would also be at the camps as leaders, but our callings have not gone that way (yet... I hope).  And it was going to be weird to just have Dane and Eve at home.  

I was so grateful to our stake leaders for putting on a stake young mens camp.  They didn't "have to", but they did.  They also went all out.  These men love these boys.  One leader, Ryan Ahlstrom, wanted them to fish in a lake that didn't have any fish.  So he backpacked hundred of fish into the lake.  Back and forth, back and forth, dropping bags of fish each time.  I think it took them like 20 hours to do that.  Just so these boys could catch fish.  They ended up coming home a day early because a bear kept "attacking".





 

No comments: