Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, September 3, 2023

Girls Camp

After the Birches left it was off to girls camp. I was so happy they were going to girls camp together.  It was stake camp this year so they were camping in similar grades throughout the stake, so they didn't see each other much.  But it worked out great as they made friends with other lds girls they didn't other wise know.  

Both of them were excited to go.  I am so grateful they both love girls camp.  I love girls camp.  Part of me was so sad not to go, but I also think it was best for them to do it a few times with out me.  I hope they don't do it every time with out me.  But a few times can be good.  


A bit of a difference in the before and after picture.  Love those "Saturday girls" (President Lund oct 2022)

We have a good ward (not all pictured here).  It has its problems (all wards do), but my girls love young womens, love church, feel loved, and want to go. They also both serve the other girls a lot.  They often talk together about how to help or include some of the struggling girls and every week they seem to be making cookies or cupcakes for a girl in the ward.  They are also spiritually fed.  This is all I could ask for in a YW program!  Madison particularly loves the older girls. 

When they first got there they were supposed to get in groups and do a lip sink, but they could only use one prop or costume - so maddie got creative and wore a costume  to girls camp so they didn't have to pick a costume.  Maddie is so fun and creative and makes everything a party.  

Megan was told not to bring any books - and while it was hard and she talked to everyone she could to get them on her side, (from what I know) she didn't bring a book and she didn't die.  So I am proud of her.

I will see if I can get them to blog about it. 










 

No comments: