Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, June 28, 2024

Birches

The Birches came from Georgia for a quick weekend trip.  We didn't see much of them, they came for a wedding in Fort Collins.  But they came down to HR before heading up there and we met them at the Clarks (along with the Ricks').  It was so good to see them and meet their new baby, William.   

Moving can be kind of weird for kids.  As adults we remember them being best friends, and they remember being best friends, but development comes so quickly that once you see them again you realize you actually don't know each other and it can be really awkward - but your parents are still hanging out and insist that you do as well.   While Lucia and Carmon come last summer and jumped back into our family without a problem, Harry hadn't seen anyone from Colorado in almost 6 years.  But Harry, Emerson, and Noah found friendship in a shared love of music.  I was very proud of Noah, Emerson and Harry are very very accomplished and advanced pianists and Noah has only taken for about a year - but that didn't hold him back and he jumped in and they bonded over all things music.  It was nice.  The other kids plays with the Clarks games in the basement or on the zip line in the back yard.  Dane and Eve were fearless.  


I can't believe I only took one picture!  I actually remember taking several more, but I can't find them. 


A few days later they came back to HR for an afternoon and spent a few hours at our house before heading to the reception at our chapel.  They got us an invite and we all went to the reception and ate and danced.  It was lovely.  Veronica and I didn't get hardly any time to chat, but that is ok.  She is still my closest friend.  We have probably gotten closer since she moved.  We talk all the time.  

 

No comments: