Having multiple children in very interesting. You get to see how different circumstances effect interest, access, abilities, and hobbies. Then there is always the trump factor: how they came into this world and what they are supposed to do. Dane is very similar to several of his brothers and sisters in different ways but he is also very different in some ways. One big way has something to do with his "vision". When he was very little I noticed that he seemed to have a map or gps in his brain. He understood where he was in a grocery store or neighborhood and how to get to where he wanted to go, even if he had never been there before. It was crazy. And now he is doing really intricate, complicated Lego and art projects. He has a vision of how he wants it to be and then also has the ABILITY to actually do it (a skill that I and some of my kids lack). It is pretty cool. There are good reasons that he may be more "advanced" than my other kids. He is being raised in a more wealthy family with constant access to more supplies. He has a lot of Legos AND access to lego instruction books (something I "put away" with my others) he loves to just look through them and read them, but it turns out, he is learning from them. And he also has more access to arts and crafts since we now have 2 kitchen tables. Sometimes I wonder if my other kids would have been different had they had access to these things, or if Dane would be if the did't. but i have lived enough to have gained a testimony of "these are their days". Heavenly Father sent them to our family exactly when they were supposed to come, in our exact home, income, circumstances, and family placement that they needed to learn the things He needs them to learn. I believe that if we are faithful not one thing will be denied.
Anyways, I didn't mean to wax philosophical. Here are some of Dane's creations.
He often has something he wants to share with everyone at dinner, when we are all together.
No comments:
Post a Comment