In 2017 Elder Stevenson came to our stake conference. It wasn't planned. At the adult session on Saturday night they announced he was coming in the morning. He was just in town visiting a family friend and said he would stop by. You can go back to 2017 and read the post about it. Basically the meeting was at 10 but we wanted good seats so I was going to go several hours early to save seats. Despite their ages Megan, Noah, and Madison surprised me by wanting to wake up early and go with me.
This time Elder Stevenson was a visiting general authority for our stake conference (officially). However this time he hosted a youth devotional on Saturday night. Again, we wanted good seats. It is hard to know how early "early" is. We shot for "we want to GUARANTEE being in the front" - I say "we" but parents weren't allowed to sit in the benches. We were busy that day with soccer games and other things so it was always a little up in the air about who was going to go early and save seats and what time they would go. We thought we would take shifts. The devotional started at 7 and Noah showed up at 4 for the first shift. He was the only one there for a while. I brought Megan and Madison to "relieve" Noah so he could come home for dinner (he ended up just staying as a few other people had showed up and some were his friends). I had forgotten that it was these three who had come early to save seats back in 2017. Seeing them sitting there sparked my memory and warmed my heart. They are good kids. I love them. During the devotional they asked "who has a copy of the For Strength of Youth" and Maddie did, she shipped it out and held it up so fast. He had her come up to the front and hand it to him. She was so proud. Brock brought his Japanese Book of Mormon and asked him to sign it. He said no. haha. Thats ok. I am proud of him for asking. He took it well.
He walked around and had the youth answer questions. My friends daughter was picked. I snapped a picture for her.
We went early on Sunday morning as well. Dane and Eve were thrilled to see him. I love that my children love the prophets.
No comments:
Post a Comment