Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, January 19, 2025

Utah: Daniel and Angie's and the Baptism

Earlier in the summer Daniel and Angie’s kids stayed at our house a few days and since then Dane and Eve have wanted to sleep over at their house. So I took them over one evening and dropped them off. Dane was a little nervous but he eventually warmed up.

Daniel and Angie are the cutest! They have turned their little suburban backyard into a little homestead I have never seen someone do so much with a little backyard. They have an amazing garden with everything you could imagine, including corn. And they have chickens and they put a run throughout the garden so they can run around. Daniel built all of these things and put drippers, and boxes, and all other things they want. I felt so proud of my little brother. I knew he was handy and willing, but he was always my little brother, but I am so impressed of the man he has become.


These are pictures Daniel and Angie sent me, they had a blast and when I went and picked them up the next day they did not want to come home with me.

Dane slept with Ben and Eve slept with the girls.

After I dropped Dane and Eve off I went over to Katie's house.  We sat in her living room and talked until 4 in the morning!  It was so good and so needed.  It was basically a therapy session.  Audrey was with us as well, but she mostly listened.  We talked about things we should have talked about 20 years ago.  It was awesome!


On Saturday morning I went back down to Provo to pick Megan and Noah up from FSY.  I loved hearing about their experiences and all the things they learned.  When we got back to Sandy I kept driving around instead of going back to grandma's because I wanted them to keep talking.  We even stopped by a garage sale and got some awesome stuff (an amazing blanket for Megan for like 5 dollars).

Then we went to Mikey's baptism.  This was one of my "compensatory blessings" the Lord gave me last year (he gave me MANY).  Years ago Jason and I decided we would make sure someone in our family went out our nieces and nephews baptisms.  But we also decided we wouldn't take an extra trip out to Utah this year.  Mikey's baptism happened to be the same day Megan and Noah needed to be picked up from FSY.  So we went to his baptism before heading home.

It was so great, they had lunch at the pavilion behind the church - we stayed for a hot minute while we changed into more comfy clothes and then we got in the car for a long, late drive home.  Because we were up in Bountiful we decided to take 80 home.  We have never taken 80 home.  It was actually kind of nice to do something different.  Noah ended up driving us home most of the way, which was great because then he couldn't sleep and we got to talk.  We also stopped at Little America for ice cream cones - which is always a win.  

No comments: