Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Monday, February 16, 2009

A Good Sweat


I have never really been one to work out or eat right. I worked out religiously in high school for about 7 months and then again my first year of collage and I love to work out during my pregnancies. But besides my pregnancies I have not worked out for about 4 or 5 years. Until today.

Working out when you are pregnant is very different - you have to keep your heart rate under 140, you are not supposed to "push yourself", sweat, breath real heavy, or get tired or achy. So today I went and worked out for the first time in a long time (I want to have a healthier heart) - and I feel AWESOME. I love to work out - when I get around to doing it. I was sweaty and tired - it was great. I plan on getting back into it.

On a side note: I love to watch the biggest loser - it is so inspiring. After I watch it I always tell Jason I want to be obese just so I can lose the weight and feel really good about myself - when you see them hard work and the accomplishment on their faces - you know they feel so good about themselves. It doesn't feel as good when you don't have to work for it - so maybe I am trying to pretend.

2 comments:

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Good for you! Even if you are one of the lucky ones who dont have to work out to keep the weight off, we should still work out for a healthy heart! I love 24 hour fitness! the classes are awesome as well! i recommend 24 SET and TurboKickboxing- you burn a TON of calories and have so much fun doing it!

Kari said...

As soon as my kids are not sick I want to work out too! It's nice to get a break, and feel like you are doing something great for yourself.