Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines

I can not over emphasize the WONDERFUL Valentines day Jason and I had. We had planned on going to a hotel for the night and having the grandparents watch the boys. He had told me we were going to the Hilton Garden Inn in Sandy and having dinner and dancing there. I was so excited! Then he surprised me and took me to The Grand America instead! We stayed in their Executive Suit! He had scheduled a massage for me, had chocolate dipped strawberries delivered to the room, along with sparkling cider, then we went to their restaurant for an amazing dinner buffet.

It was one of the best nights ever! I will always remember it. The surprises were great - he was so sweet and wonderful. Actually, one of the best parts was that it was so fancy and something we would have never done any other time in our marriage, we never went on a honeymoon, or any other real vacation alone, and have never been away since the kids were born. Money has always been so tight and we could never justify it. It was so nice to be able to say, we deserve this, and it is for reasons like this that Jason works so hard for us. I was tempted to ask Jason so many times "how much is this costing us?", but I never did, it was nice to just be treated to it and not have it matter. I think it is important to let him just take care of me and not have me worry about the cost. It was not only the best Valentines Day ever, it was one of the best days ever!

7 comments:

Karen said...

FUN for you!! I think it's really important for couples to get away and celebrate their relationship. I'm glad you were able to have such an exciting, surprising, fancy getaway!

Lauren said...

That's soooo awesome!! How thoughtful of him to plan everything :-) You definitely deserved it!

Stacy said...

What fun surprises!!! You deserve it. I think there is nothing better for a marriage than surprises and romance (whether money is involved or not)!! What fun memories to cherish.

Jess said...

SOOO FUN! Wow! I'm so happy for BOTH of you. What an awesome date extravaganza. Aren't husbands wonderful?

Skyler said...

I am so glad you guys had an awesome time! You look beautiful, relaxd and in love. Way to go Jason (:

-Kar

Rosie said...

oooh... I'm jealous. Maybe one day Brian will plan a day like that for me. Maybe someday we'll be done with school and it will be reasonable. I was holding out hope for a great 5th anniversary get away, until I realized that baby boy will only be 8 weeks old then. Pretty sure nursing mama can't do 8 even 8 hours away from nursing baby... just thinking about it makes me hurt. =) Someday, right? So glad you had a great valentines day!

Megan Loves Life said...

Lucky girl! what a treat!