Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Play Group

My friend Karli does a play group once a week. It is funny because there are 4 or 5 women/mothers in the group and the ONLY connection we all have is that we all know Karli some how. There is Karli, Me - a childhood friend, Rachel - a friend from Karli's nursing school, Sundie - a friend from their Salt Lake ward, and then a friend or 2 from her current ward. But now we are all good friends and it is so fun to get together every week.

I know I have mentioned on my blog before about how amazing Karli is and how much I look up to her and try to emulate her. I have been thinking about her life lately and would just like to outline it for you (I hope you don't mind Kar). She has 2 kids and is pregnant with her 3rd (she will have 3, 3 and under), her husband is in law school, she works full time as a nurse, she is in the primary presidency, she organizes a play group every week, I know she cooks dinner most (if not all) nights, her house is always clean, her kids are always behaved and super smart, I know she always does her VT and reads her scriptures and goes to the temple, she does individual scrapbooks for each of her kids and she is all caught up, she actively works on her food storage and emergency preparedness plans (updating, going to the cannery, etc), she often organizes scrapbook nights, they often have other couples over for game nights where she always has dessert prepared, and she does way fun activities for her kids everyday. And she does all this seemingly easily and happily. I am really not exaggerating on any of these points - I am always telling myself, "Karli could do it".


Anyway, that was my long intro for this way fun activity she had last week (did I mention she was leaving for Lake Powell the next morning, her daugther was throwing up, and someone forgot the slip'n slide - so she just "whipped one up").






2 comments:

Skyler said...

Jamie -- I am so glad that someone appreciates my wife almost as much as I do! She truly is amazing!

Skyler

Megan Loves Life said...

It's possible to do all of that?!?! What am I doing wrong? :) I've been listening to talks and reading about how we all have our own strengths and we lose energy when we try to be someone we're not. But there are so many people I want to emulate. It's a fine line that I'm trying to figure out right now!