Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Good and Bad in my life these days

Good: Brock is getting so big - he is such a good helper and I can count on him to do anything for me. He takes really good care of Noah.
Bad: Brock is getting so big - it is heart wrenching to watch your baby grow up.

Good: Ever since I have had Megan I have had dinner ready almost everyday when Jason gets home.
Bad: I can't remember the last time I washed my hair (I think sometime last weekend).

Good: We went to Wheeler Farm on Monday and it was PERFECT. I had one of those wonderful mothering days - where I am so happy to be a stay-at-home-mom. I love hanging out with my kids.
Bad: The very next day I wrote the "I quit" post - it is amazing how fast they can turn on you!

Good: I am starting to make friends with my neighbors and I am getting a calling on Sunday - this is starting to feel like home.
Bad: Our blasted neighbors dog won't stop barking. I seariously HATE barking dogs!

Good: Jason got our swamp cooler working
Bad: Jason got our swamp cooler working... deep down I think we were both kind of hoping it would be broken and we would HAVE to get AC - now it is hard to justify it when our swamp cooler works.

Good: Noah - he is getting cuter and cuter everyday, he is talking up a storm and has the most unique personality. I fall in love with him daily.
Bad: The testimonial I gave to daily scripture study a few posts ago... well... I haven't been doing so good. How is it that I can KNOW something so strong, and I just can't make it happen. My deepest desire is to have daily prayer and scripture study... and no matter how long I do it... it just takes a few days to break the habit.

I would give anything to...
-someone who would invent a car seat that I can buckle my swaddled baby into.
-have a few hours totally to myself so I can clean, iron, do the budget, and organize Megan's clothes.
-go to the temple.
-know what Megan wants between the hours for 7 and 10 pm. Does she want to sleep? eat? be played with? Right now if just seems like she wants to cry.

3 comments:

Rosie said...

oh... sounds like a colicy baby. I'm sorry. But remember this... new baby fussy-ness is at it worst about 6 weeks, so you're already on your way to it being better. Something I've had to learn being out here away from family it to accept help when offered. I've had to trust that when people from the ward are offering to help me out if I need anything, that they mean it. If you get an offer, I'd take someone up on it. Drop your kids off for an hour or two to play so that you can get things done. Or find a friend to trade temple babysitting with. If you're like me you tend to dread your turn to baby sit, but its not so bad when you're got a house big enough to handle several kids in. Keep at it, Jamie. You're doing the best you can!

Corinne said...

I think I've seen swaddling blanket things that have a hole for the car seat buckle, you could try something like that.

KordelandHeather said...

I still remember a talk my bishop's wife gave on scripture study that really meant the world to me. (this is my bishop when I was in high school). She said something along the lines of "When you are hiking up a long trail and you fall down, you don't go all the way back to the bottom and start again do you? No, you just get back up and might even possibly walk slower and more carefully." I loved that, each time you fall down, just get back up, you can fall a lot and it doesn't mean you've failed. I love you Jamie and I think you are an amazing mom, your kids are very lucky!