Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mary Mary quite contrary how does your garden grow?

It doesn't... well mine at least. We moved into a foreclosed home that had been vacant for a year and not taken care of for at least four years before that - especially the yard. So I have been surprised to find beautiful flowers growing in my garden beds. It has been wonderful to have roses, tulips, fruit, and other wonderful things spontaneously growing in my garden without having to do ANY work.

Here are some pictures. The first thing Brock does every morning is check our roses to see if more have bloomed. He gets so excited about our flowers.




They are pretty - not my choice of colors, but they will do for now.


So I thought to myself... "wow, gardening must be really easy, maybe I should plant a few things, just to get things going." So I researched, I went, I bought, I planted, I watered, I cared for, I loved, and how did they turn out...

dead!
How is it that plants that were COMPLETELY ignored for 5 years are beautiful and plants that are loved and tended to die! How rude ! (I am a Stephanie Tanner fan, by the way)

Apparently it is true for fruit trees as well. Most of our neighbors have fruit trees that they have planted, and pruned, and sprayed, and loved that produce no fruit, and ours that have had none of those things produce a mass quantity of yummy pears and apples. Strange.

And my other bed has a lot of strange things popping up as well. I am not "green" enough to know what any of them are... especially which ones are weeds. So I am just letting everything grow for a while to see what happens. It is all very exciting.

No comments: