Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Emma

I was feeding Megan tonight and there was nothing on TV. I ended up watching "Emma, my story" on the BYU station. I had seen it once before - but tonight, I was drawn to it. I have been thinking a lot about faith lately and what exactly it means and how to obtain it. These thoughts had been swirling in my head for the past month or so. Emma was a strong woman. She endured much - all the early saints did. I don't know how I could expect to meet them one day - knowing what they went through for the cause - and knowing what I struggled to understand.

Emma spoke of her refiner's fire, as they went from town to town, being persecuted, losing her children, her husband... what is my refiner's fire? When it was over I said to Megan, I have not endured a hundredth of what she has... and on days I have cause to complain? Her strength strengthened me. I am learning that faith is something we always have to work at.

No comments: