Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Let's get real

I have always tried to have this blog be as real as possible - and I think I have done a fairly good job. I post about my joys, and also my sorrows and frustrations. I could say that this blog does a fairly good job at showing my real life as a young mother to small children. I obviously don't share everything - some things are too sacred and personal and I obviously don't want to "air my dirty laundry".

One thing I hadn't put on this blog yet - but is very pertinent to our life is that Jason was laid off from his job about a month ago. It wasn't just the blog I didn't share it with - I only told very few people - I just couldn't bare the thought of telling people - again - that Jason had lost his job. I HATE the concerned faces, I just didn't want anyone to know, and I didn't want anyone to feel like they had to help. I know that is not very "Christlike", I know it is all out of love. I am VERY aware that it is all pride on my part. I guess not wanting anyone to know - meaning I don't want anyone concerned, means I don't want prayers - and that is just stupid to not want prayers. But that is how I felt. I was sick of being the ones that people are praying for, and concerned about - we are ready to be the one's helping other people, being concerned about other people. Cna anyone relate? Anyways, needless to say it has been a hard month. Maybe one day I will get around to posting about the lessons I have learned about faith - and am still trying to learn - while going through this trial.

Good news is, Jason found a job. I guess that is why I can blog about it now. So to celebrate we went to the zoo.




This is how Megan got around

This is how Noah got around
It was fun had by all.

6 comments:

I am Laura said...

Yeah! I am glad you told after he got another job. I would have been one to worry. I hate hearing when people have hard things happen. I didn't tell about Ben's residency closing until almost a year after we knew it might happen and then I even waited three months after we knew for sure about it. We have to protect our pride sometimes.

Karen said...

I love your cute family! Is Megan really standing in your lap? She's just so tiny! Noah is getting such a cute little boy look. I'm so glad Jason was able to get another job. I'm sorry that you had to go through the worry about losing the job. I'm glad it didn't last long, though.

Kari said...

How do you know Laura?? I know her too... small world.

I'm glad that Jason got another job. What a terrible thing to have happened, right after you buy a house!

The Bell Bunch said...

Can't wait to hear about the new job. You are an awesome wife, mother and friend.
Megan looks beautiful and so big! Boys, cute as ever, as usual.

Kar

Sabrina said...

You continue to amaze me with your strength. I am happy to hear about the new job.

Adrienne and Darren said...

You are one amazing woman!!! I love that you are so honest on your blog. I am so happy for you and your family that Jason found a job so quickly. Your kids are adorable.