Megan woke up as happy as ever, and after she successfully ruined the boys' marble run (she wants to pull herself up to everything) she enjoyed some time by the tree, rummaging through presents, eating bows, and pulling ornaments down as fast as she could.
The only thing my boys asked for were guns. I have not yet totally decided how I feel about guns. I go back and forth on a daily (hourly) basis. After a few weeks of thinking about it - I decided not to get them guns -and thought maybe next year they will be old enough for Nerf guns, and that made me feel better about the whole situation.
Well, this year we decided to have a family shopping night - each of the kids were supposed to by presents for each other and mom and dad. It was a lot of fun, and they were very specific and thoughtful about what they bought everyone. I got hair clips, dad got a toothbrush, Megan got bath toys, and (totally separate from each other) the boys got each other guns. I couldn't believe it. I knew Noah got that for Brock (I was the one shopping with him) - but I had no idea Brock got one for Noah. They are both water guns (but they don't know that). When I asked them to grab their favorite present for a picture - they both grabbed their dollar-store guns. (And a tie-snake I made them). Sometimes I have to throw my hands up in the air and know that I at least tried.
They both got a Thomas the Tank engine in their stockings. I don't think it has left Noah's hands for days (you can see it in the above picture too)- he drives that thing all around the house.
Megan got a bunny - this is her "stuffed animal" - each kid gets one that they sleep with and love - this is now hers. We are having trouble coming up with a name for it though. Jason wants it to be a boy bunny - but I think she should get to have a girl bunny - she gets very few things that are girlish - her night time bunny should be one of them.
Then I made a fabulous (if I do say so myself) brunch for my little family. We also had sparkling cider and oven-puffed pancakes. It was delightful.
Jason's mom made an AMAZING train table for the boys for Christmas. It is in 6 separate cubes that all fit together. That way I can take it apart when they are done with the train table thing. All the cubes have tubs for drawers. It has changed our whole life. My parents got the boys a whole train set to go on top of the train table.... and we are in business. Noah stands at this train table - putting his Thomas around the track for literally HOURS. Normally in the morning the first thing the boys want to do is watch their shows - but now they just want to play with their train table. We did not turn on the TV once on Tuesday or Wednesday.
My sister Ashley spoiled us - she got Megan her first dolls (she loves to take them in and out of their bassinet) and the boys got the cutest file-folder books. And she got us a TON of cute church board books and coloring books. She is the best aunt (it rocks having a sister who is single, with no kids, and works full time - she has all the freedom in the world)!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! She is so adorable! I just love her blue eyes and her rosy chubby cheeks! Does she look like you? I think she does. Way to go cleaning the whole house! It feels so good to be so productive!
Post a Comment