I cut out the green and Brock cut out the red. Most turned out pretty good - but a few turned out like this...
That's ok... who needs a beautiful advent calender... Brock loves it.
Then HE taped it... and used about a whole role of tape, I might add.
The chain tells us something to do everyday to help us get ready for Christmas. (I am DONE with this super cheesy camera smile of his... cute, but not how he really smiles at all)
I found two different advents online that I meshed together to form ours. I will share them with you... in case anyone cares. :)
Service advent (this is designed for a preschooler to do)
Gather some toys to give away.
Find the home with the best Christmas lights and take them a thank you note with a treat.
Visit someone elderly.
Make an ornament for grandma.
Deliver gifts to the neighbors.
Take some groceries to the food bank.
Go caroling.
Anonymously give flowers to someone.
Say hello and smile at everyone you meet today.
Take in someone’s garbage cans.
Leave change in a vending machine for the next person who comes along.
Call an aunt and tell her you love her.
Take Doggy treats to someone who has a dog.
Make a gift and card for your teacher.
Draw a picture of the Nativity and explain it to your little brother.
Do something kind for the garbage man.
Give five compliments to strangers.
Put money in the Salvation army cup.
Buy and deliver Christmas gifts for a family in need.
Invite a widow over to dinner.
Leave kind notes for Daddy all over the house.
Open the door for someone.
Clear the table after dinner.
Give your gift to Jesus.
Fun Advent
Go drive and look at Christmas lights
Bake and Decorate Christmas cookies
Read the story of Jesus from the scriptures
Watch home movies
Take a treat to your neighbor
Make a Christmas craft
Decorate gingerbread houses
Sing your favorite Christmas carols
Watch a Christmas movie
Make a snowman
Go for a walk
Enjoy some hot chocolate
Make a trip to see Santa
Collect and Donate unwanted toys
Make a list of things you are thankful for
Hang some mistletoe
Write a special letter to Santa
Listen to your favorite Christmas music
Write a thank you note
Make some Christmas decorations
Do a secret act of service
Hang up your Christmas decorations
Donate some food to the local food shelter
Wrap your holiday gifts
Act out the story of Jesus
Play a game
Make a homemade gift
Make some new years resolutions
Have a candy cane eating contest
Color some Christmas pictures
Our advent
Play Christmas games
Christmas craft
Watch Story of Jesus
Watch Home Movies
Make Christmas Decorations
Get and Decorate Christmas Tree
Make Ornaments
Go see Santa
Make ginger bread Houses
Christmas Craft
Cookies for mailman
Draw nativity - explain to Noah and Megan
Make and take gifts to neighbors
Donate Food
Make sugar cookies
Write thank you letters to people with Christmas lights
visit an old folks home
Make a gratitude list
Go Christmas shopping
Wrap presents
Act out nativity
Make Family Goals for 2011
Here are some pictures of our advent in action
Watch Story of Jesus
Watch Home Movies
Make Christmas Decorations
Get and Decorate Christmas Tree
Make Ornaments
Go see Santa
Make ginger bread Houses
Christmas Craft
Cookies for mailman
Draw nativity - explain to Noah and Megan
Make and take gifts to neighbors
Donate Food
Make sugar cookies
Write thank you letters to people with Christmas lights
visit an old folks home
Make a gratitude list
Go Christmas shopping
Wrap presents
Act out nativity
Make Family Goals for 2011
Here are some pictures of our advent in action
Making cookies
Brock is freakishly good at this game. I swear he could see, but he swears he couldn't and I did several tests and he really couldn't see. But almost every time the nose ended up EXACTLY where it was supposed to be. No matter where I started him at or how many times I turned him... weird.
1 comment:
Oh I'm so glad you posted this! I was looking for something like that to make.
Post a Comment