Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Weekend

Our Christmas weekend/week after was full of friends and family. We got about an hour with the Bells while they were in town. We will take what ever we can get. Brock was really sad when they left. Apparently we didn't explain the visit very well, he was under the impression that Payton was going to stay with us for a while (like he stayed with Payton in Boise), I guess I am going to have to plan another trip.... shucks! :)



Jason's dad turned the big 6-0 on the 27th - to celebrate Jason's brother and his wife, Jared and Sarah flew in from Alabama. Sarah rocks. Jared is... so - so. :) haha. No really though, I have known the Herbert family for over nine years and have only met Jared a hand full of times - and of those times have only heard him say very few words. Then he married Sarah about 2 years ago - and now they are some of my favorite Herbert's (not that I am picking favorites). I am so glad she is in the family - it is always nice to get a new sister-in-law.

The kids wanted to go play in the snow - and of course none of their parents wanted to, so "cool aunt Sarah" braved the old and tromped around in the snow with the kids.


And, Christmas didn't stop - Jared and Sarah got everyone in the family (7 people) a Wii. Holy moly. We couldn't believe it! I guess there is something to be said for being in your 30's, just married, with no kids, apparently you can spend your money how you want to. Yea for generosity. We spent the next few days trying it out.


Jared loves kids - especially babies. And this little girl loved him.


We spent several days at the Herbert household and even slept over. We had a blast. However, I was eager to get home to my crazy messy post Christmas house. I am a bit of a Scrooge when it comes to post-Christmas. I cannot get my decorations down fast enough. Every year the tree is gone by the 26th and I haven't turned our house lights on since Christmas day. I love it all until about 7:30 pm Christmas night and then it all needs to be gone. I like to get all the new "things" put away and my house back in running order.
My kids are going through withdraws. Brock cried when Jason took the tree out of the living room. And still says everyday, "I don't want our tree to be dead, I love our tree." We have hourly conversations about where Santa is and when he is coming back. Adjusting back to normal life has been rough - the count down for next year is already in full swing.

No comments: