Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Little Things

It is amazing how sometimes it is the little things that can make you feel better about your life.  Last summer I got 3 new shirts (first time in several years and hasn't happened since) and it literally made me so happy and changed the whole out look of my day when I wore those new shirts. 
Last week I was feeling really down and overwhelmed.  I hated my hair, all my clothes (MATERNITY CLOTHES) were getting too small and uncomfortable and my to do list before baby comes was getting longer and longer with no hope of ever getting it done.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw some finger nail polish that the RS gave me as a present for helping out with something.  I hadn't painted my nails in probably 5 years.  I thought, "maybe if I had pretty fingers and toes I would feel better."  Totally worked.  I would be cleaning up spilled milk on the floor with my hands and I would think, "whose pretty hands are those? - oh right, mine!" or "these fingers look so pretty scrubbing this oven."  Weird.

And today my sweet sweet sweet younger brother came over to help me tackle some things on my list.  Some times it is easier to boss around a brother than it is your husband, he has no opinions and just does what I say - plus he has a pretty chill life right now - so I didn't feel too bad making him work.  He cleaned my carpets and washed my windows - inside and out.  I am walking around my house just smiling.  I just stood and looked outside my kitchen windows for about 5 minutes. 

Strange how sometimes it is the littlest things that can make me so happy. 

1 comment:

Bob said...

Jamie, I brushed my hair for the second time since Tess was born and I felt like a million bucks today so I totally get you. Good luck with everything!
-jill