You know when you are in High School and you document and remember every date for everything (was that just my friends...) Anyways... Yesterday was Jason and mine's 10 year anniversary of when we first became "boyfriend and girlfriend". It sounds silly when I say it out loud, most people don't remember when that happened for them, and they surly don't celebrate it. But for us, this date usually means more to us than our wedding anniversary. Our wedding date was just an obscure date that our reception center happen to be free and a day that things became "official" - but we had decided long ago that we wanted to be married. And July 29th symbolizes that more than November10th.
Here we are. 10 Years ago. 16 years old.
Jason and I met through mutual friends attending the Jordan River Temple to do baptisms. There were a group of kids that went every Saturday morning at 6:00 am. Jason was one of the "organizers" and I got invited by another friend to go (Bryan Roylance). I went, and that is how I met Jason. I started going every Saturday (we did this until we all left for college) and Jason and I formed a friendship. We became good friends... best friends... for about 2 months. And then, well, as the saying goes... the rest is history.
For our anniversary I wanted to do something sentimental. So I surprised Jason and took him to do baptisms at the Jordan River Temple on Saturday at 6:00 am. It was so fun and sweet.
Here we are, about 8 years ago, at the Jordan River Temple, right after doing baptisms one Saturday morning at about 8:00 am.
And here we are years later,,about 8:00 am, and just waiting for our fourth to be born. Who would have known? Well... we did.
Afterward, we went to breakfast with our old high school friends that were the "regulars" at the temple. We hadn't seen some of them in years. It was so fun and nostalgic, I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time. Also, fun to note, I thought FOR SURE none of the same temple workers would still be there - 10 years later still doing the exact same shift. Well... there were. There were 3 workers there that remembered and recognized us. It was so cool.


2 comments:
Jamie, I LOVE this post! I grew up 3 blocks east of the Jordan River Temple and was there quite often, also. I love that that is how you and Jason met. I love that you went there to celebrate. I also think that is incredible that some of the workers recognized you. WOW!! Thanks so much for posting this. It just made me happy.
p.s. Kevin and I met 12 years ago this fall. CRAZY!
p.p.s. I love your dress.
How fun & sweet. P.S I love your dress. It's beautiful & looks comfy.
Post a Comment