My kids have never loved the water and I have not been great about taking them swimming (real swimming - splash pads and pools don't count). Reasons: Brock's timidness wore off on the rest of them, I don't love to swim and I am not good at it (hate having to shower and wash hair after), to say it is hard to take 4 kids 4 and under (who don't like swimming in the first place) swimming by yourself is an understatement, Jason does not like to swim - and actually sticks to it (unlike me who will do it "for my kids").
All that aside I think it is important for my children to know how to swim and enjoy it. I knew one thing would work - peer pressure. Brock thinks that Payton Bell is so cool, and what ever Payton does, Brock wants to do. So when we were in Boise I wanted to go swimming because Payton is a great swimmer (all of her kids are) and I KNEW that if the boys saw Payton swimming all by himself - they would want to. Oh my goodness, did it work. They had more fun and were more daring at that swimming pool than they had EVER been.
That kicked off our swimming summer. They have taken off in their ability and desire to swim.
My Mother in law's neighbors put in the most incredible pool and has given us an open invitation. The boys had so much fun - we are going again this weekend.
You can put your umbrella and chairs in the shallow end and Megan and Madison can just walk around - so great. See that rock slide - oh so fun!
These two make my heart swell. To say that they are best friends would be a huge understatement - they are like each others halves - truly.
3 comments:
What an awesome pool!! Ingenious for them to have put in a baby friendly shallow end! I'm glad that your kids now enjoy swimming. It's just about the only thing we can do here in the summer :)
That pool is AWESOME!!! I wish I had a connection like that! Ethan was not a big fan of swimming either until he started swim lessons back in January. Actually, very end of December we took them to an indoor water amusement park and he really started acting more comfortable. Alex is acting the same way Ethan did at 3. So, I figure my kids just need some age and maturity. I'm glad your kids are enjoying it so much. I love those little vests that Megan has. Those are great. My neice has one (she just turned two in March) and she just runs and jumps into the pool without a second thought. It's pretty amazing to see such a small child do that!
You are brilliant. I'm so glad your kids love the pool now.
Post a Comment