Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Life Style session: Family Movie Night

*If you haven't read about my Lifestyle photography session I did - read about it Here
 
Last but not least... family movie nights.  We pop popcorn, cuddle on the couch, and watch a Disney movie we got from the library. 
 
 
 
 
 
We are actually not watching a movie.  This was the only "posed" thing we did in our lifestyle session.  Jess placed us all and told us to eat popcorn.  The kids played along great.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And that is the end of my life style session - phew.  I don't know if I made this clear but she didn't come for a whole day and follow us around - this was all "reenacted" from about 3:00-4:30 one afternoon.  I knew what my favorite parts of the day were and made a list and we just went from one activity to the next.  I was worried my kids wouldn't cooperate and they would want to stay at one activity and then we would have melt downs and bad pictures.  I told myself I wasn't going to make it a fight or pressure anyone - the goal was to show my kids having a good time doing... whatever.  But they actually did great and we got to everything on my list.
 
Some things I learned:
 
My house was a lot less cluttered a year and a half ago.  We have only added one child but have probably tripled the amount of toys in the background.  That made me really sad to realize and as a result I have started to go through things and trying to simplify.  I specifically remember not decluttering before the pictures - I actually didn't really clean, I intended too, but didn't get to it.
 
You can see stains on my carpet - I HATE my white carpet.
 
Things not pictured: Tantrums, whining, sibling fights (although we didn't really have them back then), children watching tv while I make dinner/surf the internet, you know... all the not so pretty stuff - but believe me they are JUST AS MUCH A PART OF OUR DAY AS THE PHOTOS - just don't care to remember them. (However now that I am thinking about it I would LOVE to have a very realistic picture of all my kids whining and crying at me at the same time and me trying to deal with/ discipline/console all of them all at the same time - it happens often.  I don't know how I would stage that (Jess start thinking) - I would for sure blow that one up).


3 comments:

Karen said...

It has been really fun to see all of these parts of the session.

The Halls said...

I loved all of your life style sessions. Those are priceless.

Corinne said...

I've seen photographers do "hectic" poses like that. Here is the link to my friends photo shoot where the did that. The one in the middle with the kids pulling at them and the dad is holding one upsidedown while the parents kiss, i think it is super cute!
http://lw4photos.blogspot.com/2011/09/family-family-and-more-family.html?