Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Sledding

Our family went sledding for the first time on Saturday.  It is kind of sad that Brock is 5 and has never been - but... we just never got around to buying sleds and going.  Last year I got these on clearance in April - so now we were ready.
The boys loved it.  It was snowing when we went - but not too cold.  None of the children ever complained about it being too cold - they have been so great this year!  I had this really negative view of what sledding would be like.  I thought they would whine about the cold, or if they fell and got snow on their face, or not want to bring their sleds up the hill... etc  I guess that is why I have been avoiding it.  Boy was I wrong.  They all brought their own sleds  up the hill everytime and never ONCE complained about the cold or the snow.  The boys could have done it for hours (the girls were done after about 30 minutes).
 
Megs hauling her sled up the hill.
 
In fact the only fight we had was that we only had 3 sleds but 4 children - Mads wanted to go down the hill everytime. 
 





But sometimes Jason helped them carry their sleds up :)

No comments: