Jason has really learned how to spoil me on my birthday! This year I got to have 2 birthdays. My real birthday was on a Monday and since Jason works on Mondays (how rude) he did my 'take it easy and get spoiled day' on Sunday. I got to sleep in (sing praises!) and he made me my favorite breakfast - milk mush (way more delicious than it sounds). The children presented me with cards and beautiful dangly earing dripping with pearls and diamonds. The boys saw them at Walmart and thought I would LOVE them. Wow. I would never go anywhere fancy enough to pull these things off. But they really really wanted me to wear them to church that day and I couldn't disappoint them. Coincidentally, and luckily, I was speaking in church that day and got to start off my talk by thanking my boys for my birthday present that they really wanted me to wear to church! I got TONS of compliments from grinning moms. :)
For dinner he made my favorite: honey teriyaki salmon and herb garlic mashed potatoes. He seriously rocks at this meal.
Then on my actual birthday he threw me a party! Seriously. Which if you know Jason is totally out of character and is actually the first party he has thrown since we have been together. When I was in Salt Lake he texted me asking what I wanted to do for my birthday - date night? Group date? Girls night out with friends? or have some people over? One thing the kids have been missing since moving away from family is family birthday parties - they were bummed to just call Aunt Ashley and their Grandpa Hanna on their birthdays and just say "happy birthday" - they wanted to sing and eat their cake. So I thought having a few families over with all their kids would make the kids feel like we had a family party for me. I assumed he would tell a few families at church to come over on Monday for some dessert. When I got home I learned that he had made and colored invitations and hand delivered all of them to 10 families. The invitations were hilarious and so cute and thoughtful! I actually need to post it because I can not capture how sweet it was with words - it really shows a lot about Jason's personality. Sadly I can't find one right now - but when I do I will post it.
He was stressed the whole week about the party. Worried no one would come, we wouldn't have enough food (I told him he couldn't be worried about both) - he said this is why he doesn't throw parties, it stresses him out.
He brought home Chinese food on my actual birthday (my favorite take out) and then he came home and cleaned the house for my party. Everyone he invited came (except one family who was on vacation). We had like 10 families - most with 3-5 children. I think we had 28 kids under the age of 9! It was crazy and wonderful.
The best part - it was a dessert buffet - my favorite thing in the whole world!
And to prove his love one last time he even went around the party and took pictures (which is one of the things he hates most in this world - taking pictures).
Thank you Jason for the best first birthday in Denver. You have set the bar high and hope you get used to throwing birthday parties!
No comments:
Post a Comment