Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Madsion

AHH - this is a post about Madison that I wrote LAST YEAR that I never posted.  So sad!!  This is Madison in March of 2014.


A nice detailed post about Madison is a long time coming.  I keep putting it off because I want a wonderful picture capturing the very essence of the things I want to remember about her.  But after months of pretending I am going to do it... I realize I just need to write the post before I forget all the cute things she does as a two year old.

These pictures come from an afternoon when it was just me and Madison and we got a package in the mail (from Grandma Herbert).  She was THRILLED to be the only one home because that meant she got to pop all the bubble wrap by herself.  She had a blast.

One thing about Madison that I am loving right now.  She loves her babies.  Megan liked them ok at 2 and would kind of play with them a few times a week.  But I think Madison actually thinks she is the mother to these dolls that she is constantly taking care of.  I am actually not always aware of her constant care of these baby dolls.  She has a whole schedule with them.  She puts them to bed, for naps, feeds them, etc all through her day and  they are all intertwined with her life.  I don't know if that makes sense.  But for example we will be watching a show and Madison will remember it is time to feed her baby and she will run in to the dolls room, wake her up, and feed her, then put her back to bed.  It is so funny.  She also named all of her babies - which Megan never did or has.  She has a set of twins and their names are Vanessa and "the other Vanessa" haha.  Another is Clifford and the other is Emily - but NOT Emily Elisabeth, as you might think.

Wow - sorry for the overload.  But I think they are all unique and necessary.
She also is in love with Minnie and Micky mouse.  This has been going on for several months now.  She found a Minnie mouse stuffed animal at my mom s house when we were there for Thanksgiving and she decided that is was hers.  My mom let her keep it of course - but she had determined that long before my mom ever gave her approval. She ran up to me and said, "mom look what grandma gave me!"  She loves her mini and takes it all around the house with her.  If it is not with her - about 5 minutes later she says, "ooo, wheres my Minnie"
She also loves to sing.  She breaks out into song most of the day.  Right now it is one of the songs from Doc McStuffens.  But it is anything from primary songs to songs she makes up. 
She says thank you to everything.  Even when it doesn't really make sense or something she probably really isn't grateful for.



*** I think I never posted it because I wanted to keep adding to the list and I never did.  And now she is three - and I will never remember the things I was going to add.  Sad.

No comments: