Life around our house has been moving at a snails pace for the last 6 weeks. This is intentional. I simplified everything and then let everything else go. I wanted all of us to have wonderful, peaceful memories of the first few months of bringing this little baby into our home. Boy has it worked. We all just love snuggling him, talking to him, and just being a little calmer and a little more gentle. I know it can't last forever - but this winter has been simply blissful.
These pictures are all from the first day we brought him home from the hospital to the first week of January. This is my first baby with having smart phone - turns out you can take way too many pictures. With my other babies if they were being cute I would have to go get the camera - now I always have my phone (I have a great nursing app). So every precious moment I try to capture. So I just put them all here.
There are always flowers waiting for me when I get home from the hospital. Usually the flowers mean something (12 roses for the 12 hours I was in labor with Brock, etc). Can you figure out this ones:
2 girls and 3 boys. Dane is the yellow rose (the baby)
Before all the pictures of Dane I wanted to share a pictures I took. This is what our December evenings looked like. I sat in the chair holding or nursing Dane while the rest of the family sat on the couch or cuddled under blankets reading books. (The boys are on the other couch)
I won't add captions to all the pictures - just know they all make my heart melt!
but... I mean...come on!
From the first day in the hospital his natural hand position was to hold his binkey in - it is pretty awesome!
First Bath. He really likes his bath.
Dane and I slept a lot - Jason took pictures I guess
Jason and Dane slept some also
I made the conscious choice to treat Dane like my first baby all over again. I don't care how much I don't get done, how "spoiled" he gets, or what bad habits he forms - I am spending my days and evenings holding and cuddling my baby. Around 3 months I will start caring about the bad habits - but for now I am just in heaven every single day. When I look down on him, sleeping on my chest I just feel so happy and so at peace. I want to capture this feeling - so I try to take a picture. Nothing can really capture the feeling of your baby sleeping on you - but I keep trying.
And then there is this man...
He makes all of this possible. He carries the weight and burden of all of us everyday. He goes to work, goes to school (his MBA), does his homework, stops at the store for me, wrestles with the kids, teaches amazing Sunday School lessons, makes sure to spend time with Dane everyday, does the dishes, puts the house to bed, fixes everything that breaks, makes sure we read scriptures and have Family Home Evening, ensures all the left overs gets eaten, pays the bills, gets up in the morning with the kids and gets them ready for school so I can sleep, and much much more. It would be so easy to ask me to go back to work or to work from home - but he has never. I am so so grateful that I get to spend my days, pretty worry free, with my little baby, while Jason supports us all. I love him deeply for his hard work, sacrifice and love.
While our days and evenings (post 8 pm) are slow and quiet - there is nothing slow and quiet between 4 and 8! The kids have quiet a few activities going on right now: Soccer, dance, gymnastics, drama class, chess club, cub scouts, young mens, activity days, orchestra, battle of the books, and choir. Plus there is dinner, homework, and friends sprinkled in there. Luckily Dane really likes his wrap and car seat!
And that, my friends, is Danes first month of life. I really need to slow down on the amount of pictures I take.

















































No comments:
Post a Comment