On Christmas eve-eve we spent the evening driving around looking at lights. This is one of my favorite holiday traditions started by my aunt Pat. This was my favorite house.
On Christmas eve day we made sugar cookies and frosted them later that night.


The boys played a 4 hour game of monopoly. On the tv: that is baby Brock! I decided for winter break I wanted to watch ALL of our home movies in order. It was so fun! We just kind of had them playing in the back ground. I had several epiphanies while watching that I might share later.
We made our usual sea food dinner. This year we had 2 kinds of shrimp and lobster tails.
Then on Christmas eve we got a knock at the door. It was a few families form our ward all holding a bunch of presents and singing carols. Several families had gotten together to buy our family Christmas! It was overwhelming. The kids didn't know what to say. After putting all the presents under the tree this is how it looked.

My brothers and sisters also sent presents for each of the kids. The kids were so grateful and humble about the whole thing. They kept saying things like, "Why us?" or "Our ward loves us" and "and you said it was going to be a small Christmas?!" We truly had a Christmas miracle and the kids went to bed Christmas Eve night excited to see what the "real Santa" in their lives brought them. This is the true meaning or Christmas - sacrifice, love, service, giving, selflessness and I am grateful my kids got to see this in action.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!





No comments:
Post a Comment