Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Nativity

Every year I put on a children's nativity for our neighborhood. I have never had a stable but always wanted one.  Two years ago I was driving in our neighborhood and saw a small stable on someones lawn.  I decided to be brave (and a little weird) and knock and ask them if I could borrow their stable for an evening (I didn't know these people).  He said yes and was very nice (and didn't think I was weird).  The next year I went and asked him again and he, again, said yes.  This year he built me my own stable!!  He just showed up with it.  Isn't that amazing?  Brock needed to earn some money to buy his siblings Christmas presents to I told him I would pay him to sand and paint the stable.  He sanded himself, but as he started painting the neighbor boys wanted to help.


When the kids came we decided on parts and got dressed.
Then we watched the nativity movie on LDS.org


The kids were ELATED to have Dane be baby Jesus.  We weren't sure how to get him in the manger (usually a doll is laying on the ground behind the manger and Mary pick it up and sets in when its time.  We decided baby Jesus would be in heaven with the angels and an angel (Megan) would come hand him to Joseph (Brock) when it was time and Joseph would lay him in the manger.



Madison was our "head angel" again and gave the angel scripture "fear not for behold..."


And I got Rebecca to sing "Oh Holy Night"





Then we had hot chocolate and doughnuts.

Dane was a perfect Jesus and slept the whole time.  It wasn't too cold but we bundled him up really good.

No comments: