Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Getting our Groove


I am going to interrupt "catching up" for a quick update post.

Dane and I have a good schedule going right now.  Not everyday is the same.  But a typical day looks like this.

Eats around 5 or 6 am and goes back to bed until I wake him up to take the kids to school at 8:30.  I go back to bed after I feed him at 5 or 6 and Jason gets up with the older kids and gets them ready.  He leaves for work around 7:30 - that's when I get up and finish the kids and do family scripture reading.  My before the kids go to school: eat breakfast, shower, clean room, make bed, and do scriptures with the kids. 

After We get home from taking the kids I feed Dane (9:00) and I play with Dane, give him a bath (when it's bath day), and do what ever else you do with a baby (read books, tummy time, etc).  He will take a nap around 10:00.

The first thing I do when Dane goes down is read my scriptures and pray.  Right now I am studying about Jesus Christ from the topical guide.  I have been working my way through this for about a year.  Right now I am on "Jesus Christ, Savior.  So I am almost done.  Then I spend about 10 minutes in Come follow me.  Then I spend 15 minutes on Family Search and then I spend 10 minutes updating my blog.

Dane will nap from 10 to about 12.  My whole scriptures, prayer, FH, and blog take about 45 minutes.  I spend the next hour or so doing things around the house that need to get done.  This includes: cleaning, ironing, laundry, cooking, making phone calls (doctors, insurance, family or friends), doing my calling (Primary presidency), etc. 

Dane wakes up about 12:00 and I feed him again and play with him again. 

He takes another nap about 1:30 or 2:00.  This nap is less reliable.  Some times he will sleep for 2 hours - sometimes only half an hour.  Sometimes he sleeps the whole time - sometimes he cries every 15 minutes but just wants his binkey back.  IF i have errands to run I run them during this nap.  He is still young enough that he will sleep through getting in and out of the car in his car seat.  If I don't have errand to run I typically take a nap myself and make dinner.

Dane gets woken up at 3:30 to go get the kids.  Then we are doing kids activity stuff the rest of the night.  He will take 2 more 1 hour naps between 5 and 9 and I will feed him 2 or 3 more times.  Our evenings are just really inconstant and unpredictable. 

His last feeding is around 8:00 and he takes a 5 oz bottle (of breast milk) at 9:30.  (he wants a big last feeding and I just don't have enough milk at 9:30.)  He is in bed by 11:00 - sometimes 9:45, sometimes 10:30, sometimes 11:00 - it's anyone's guess.  I am SOOO tired by 9:30 - I am a zombie from 9:30 until he falls asleep.  Once he is asleep I pump (for his bottle the next night - because NOW I have enough milk) and then fall into bed.  He will wake up around 3:00 - but I don't feed him anymore - I just put him back to sleep.  Then he is up at 5:00 or 6:00 as mentioned above.

Boom!  That's my life!

No comments: