Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Spring Break: Aquarium

As I mentioned in an earlier post Dane doesn't leave the hose much.  If he does he goes in his carseat with his car seat cover on.  The week before spring break he was getting their weird kind of fussy and Jason and I determined that he was bored.  When my other children were 3 or 4 months old they had seen the world!  They would had already been to the zoo, park, discovery gateway, wheeler farm etc.  They were summer babies and I had toddlers that needed to do that stuff.  So for we did something we hadn't done in years - we went on an old school outing - the aquarium.  It is sad we got out of the  habit of doing outings - we all genuinely had fun and talked about doing it again.   They are all just older now and when it comes time to go they don't want to go - they just want to hang out with their friends.  But once we are there everyone likes it. 

Dane slept for the first little while.

Madison still loves outings and I often just take her to do "fun things".  She wanted pictures of her in all the displays.

The aquarium is pretty cool.  Very small but they make up for it with "experiences".  These birds were awesome.



They let us go into the iguana habitat and pet them.  It was pretty freaky.  There were dozens all over.  Noah did NOT like it.





This is a statue. 

I had to nurse.  Noah thought it was embarrassing.  He kept saying "aren't you embarrassed?".  ha.  But he took this picture of me.


Everyone loved showing Dane all the fish and wanted to take a video and picture of EVERYTHING Dane looked at.  Dane did genuinely love the fish though.  He would get all excited when one would swim by and he would follow them.








I splurged ($2.00) and let them do the hurricane machine.




I LOVE seeing them be good brothers and sisters to Dane.  They all truly fine joy in his joy and in moments like this I am SO GLAD we decided to have more kids.  These older kids are learning and loving so much more than I could have ever thought them through words.






If you look closely at this picture you will see that this is a very friendly sting ray that jumps up out of the water at you.  It was pretty cool.



It was a great day at the aquarium.  

No comments: