Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Bake Sale

Madison is on SLC this year (Student Leadership Council).  They had to do a bake Sale one Saturday morning and Madison wanted to make cake pops.  If I am being honest I was really bugged by the whole thing.  I was so tired in my pregnancy and it was the first weekend in December, we just got home from Utah, I had Danes party and had to get ready for Christmas (oh and our bathroom was getting demolished becasue of a leak).  I did NOT want to do a bake sale and if I HAD to I wanted to spend 30 minutes and make cookies.  I am not very good at making cute things and I knew this would take hours.  I am so grateful that I didn't listen to my cynical self and took the time to do something just for and with Madison.  It took us about 3 hours but we made them and it was a fun and tender time with Madison.  She was so so happy with them. I am afraid I turn down these moments too much becasue I am too busy, tired, overwhelmed, or distracted.  Every once in a while it is nice to have a win.



No comments: