Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Thursday, June 18, 2020

A visit from Ali

One of my very best childhood friends, Ali Hansen (now Stewart) showed up totally out of the blue on my doorstep mid-pandemic.  I was so shocked and even had to take a double look when I didn't immediately recognize the person standing on my door step.  Turns out her husband is living here for a few months for his job and she came to visit him for his birthday.  She brought me a baby present and some candy - but what she really brought me was what I didn't know I needed.  A person sitting with me at my kitchen table having a wonderful conversation.  When she left I realized how much my heart needed that - I am grateful Heavenly Father knew I needed that and that she followed the prompting. 
I abosolutly love Ali.  She is one of those people who just make you naturally happy.  She makes me laugh faster than anybody else.  I am not a laughing type of person - but I am never not with Ali with out laughing.  I love being with people who you just feel like they know your heart and you know theirs.  We hadn't really seen each other in probably 5 years but that never matters.  Thanks for the visit - it wasn't nearly long enough!

No comments: