Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Easter Decorations

Last year I had an awakening.  Easter needs to be more of a big deal in our house.  Bigger than Christmas.  I have always just brushed over Easter - some years hardly even giving it a thought - on Saturday I buy some candy and hide it Sunday mornings, some years we didn't even dye eggs.  Then, as I said, I had an awakening to the potential of Easter.  I wanted my kids to see our home and lives transform for a whole month as we prepared for this sacred holiday.  Last year I planned to buy Easter decorations this year.  Our Stated announced it was going into lock-down "tomorrow at 7 am" and all non-essential businesses would be closed.  I ran to Deseret Book and Hobby Lobby to get my much desired decorations.  I didn't have time to get all I wanted but it was a great start for this year and it made our whole holiday better.  Here are some pictures of our decorations.  They changed a little  through the month because we did weekly devotionals and started new traditions that added to our decorations.  It was wonderful!

I got this Easter Nativity.  I thought I would include my belly as well.  I am... 27 weeks here.

The girls helped with the decorations.  They also made a lot of them.  They made choices I would not have made, but its ok.  They loved it.









No comments: