Brock's birthday is a week after Megan's. However, this was not his year for a party. So, as per usual, he played Fortnite with his friends and cousins online. However, he took Megan's zoom idea and used that as well - made for a more epic experience.
He wanted an emoji sunglasses cake. This was my first time covering a whole cake with fondant (which is what he wanted). I was surprised with how well it turned out.
This post should be about having a teenager. Brock is now 13! I guess the reason that I am not focusing on that is because Brock is practically perfect and not at all a "teenager". I hear the other mom's in Brock's from Brock and Noah's deacons quorum bemoaning their tween/teens and I just cant ever really relate. Also - because of covid he isn't out doing things with friends - so in that way he isn't very "teenager-y". The weirdest part about having a teen is trying to relate with him. I remember VERY much being in 7th grade and being 13 and my life was nothing like Brock's. We are not even in the same world, so I struggle to relate - although I am SO GRATEFUL!!!
Brock got 10 rubix cubes from his Aunt Ashley. Rubix cubes is Brock's favorite thing to do. He is hardly ever with out one. It is pretty adorable. He also got roller blades and "no less then 10 blue bunny coupons" from his grandma and grandpa Hanna (he got 6).
Reasons why Brock is great!
- Brock is the BEST first child. He set the tone for the rest of the family. He is calm and sensible and kind and responsible.
- Because Brock plays the most sports (which I LOVE watching him) he has had the most "disappointments" with Covid and he has taken it all perfectly.
- School is hard for Brock, like really hard. He has had an amazing 7th grade. His teachers have been so impressed, as have I, with his hard work. He hates it so much but he hardly EVER complains - especially during the home schoooling, I thought it would be a fight everyday, and it wasn't. He took it all in stride and worked hard.
- He is so great with Dane. Honestly, we were a little worried about Brock when I got pregnant with Dane. Dane has never really cared about babies - but he LOVES Dane and plays so well with him and takes care of him. In fact, just the other day I was telling the kids the plan for when I have this baby and that Anna Prusse was going to baby sit Dane while I was in the hospital and Brock said, "I am kind of offended that you didn't ask me to do it." haha










No comments:
Post a Comment