Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Easter

During the break between sessions on Saturday some friends in the ward organized a small Easer Egg hunt.  It was hot and quick.


Dane was fun and understood exactly what he was doing, so much so that he was at the "I am going to open the eggs and eat the candy as soon as I find it" stage.  I eventually convinced him to put some in his basket and find a lot and eat later.







The older kids found theirs as well.  They got to find as many as I brought - which was 20 eggs per kid.  Which was 100 eggs for me to stuff and hide.  No small feat!


I was able to get a picture of Madison still hunting because she hunted until the bitter end.  There were still 3 or 4 eggs in this giant, pokey, dead, bush that I a dad (Brother Ahlstrom) threw inside - he said "I wanna see who is man enough to go get them"  Madison's response, "I am!".  Madison has had some girl drama at school the last 2 or so years and this year I think she gave up on it all and now she just hangs out with the boys.  It has toughened her up a  lot.  ha


I tried for about 100 pictures for a good one of these 2.  It didn't happen.









Easter Morning. Candy eggs never really made it into Dane's basket.  They all went in his mouth.  And then he gave up after about 10 minutes and played with trains.


The kids were making fun of me a week or so before Easter saying, "why don't you challenge us and hide things hard this year?"  Last year they couldn't find their baskets, but I guess they don't remember that.  So I decided to do things really hard this year.  It took almost 2  hour for all the eggs and baskets to be found and in the end I think Brock found most of them.  Afterwards they still said it was too easy.  Teenagers are the best.

Happy Easter!
 

No comments: