Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, July 8, 2022

Kicking my butt.... but I love it

 I am 90% sure this is the longest I have gone with out blogging, or at least the furthest behind I have been.  There are many reasons for this.  One was that I often get behind on my blogging when I need a picture for something or a really long post I need to write, I like to go in order, so it just gets backed up.  That happened this time.  Here are my blogging problems.

  • As you will see my next post is of  Battle of the Books.  The girls were on the same 5/6 team and I wanted a picture of them in their shirts together.  I didn't go to the last battle so I didn't get pictures.  They promised me they would put their shirts back on and take a picture, but they never did.  But about a month ago I FINALLY got them to find both their shirts and take a picture.  NOW I can finally finish blogging about March.  
  • Jason got me a new computer probably a year ago and I HATE the way it uploads my pictures.  It is so slow and clunky and doesn't rotate them, and I can't easily edit them  and it sorts them weird.  It has just made blogging such a chore.  
  • I have another bloggy thing on my list: blog books.  For the last 2 years I have been slowly turning my blog into books.  It is wonderful.  The kids love them, they help me remember our good times, and what worked in my parenting life.  I have a goal to make 4 books a year (basically 2 years a year - so one book a quarter).  I have done it every year except this year.  I have not made ONE BOOK THIS YEAR!!  I should be on my third, but I am only half way through my first.  So when I have time I work on my book instead of blog.  I need to do 50/50 - because if I don't blog then there won't be a book to be made, but since I didn't have the battle of the books picture, it was easy to just work on the blog book instead.  
  • And finally... there is time.  I hate this excuse because it is such an easy and lame excuse to make.  Also life was busy when the 4 were all little, and I found time then.  But seriously... I really only have time for so many things.  This 6 kids thing is no joke.  Plus the toddler and teenager thing adds to it.  Since summer started I have been operating at all cylinders.  Sometimes I realize I hadn't sat down all day until I lay down to go to bed (by sit down I mean for myself to do something I want to do - I sit down to read books, and color, and drive people places all day).  But guess what?  I am great.  I love it.  I love my life right now.  I sing all day "Give said the little stream" it is always in my head (they are learning it in primary so Dane sings it a lot).  I sing "give, oh give, oh, give, oh give, give said the little stream as it hurried down the hill".  I didn't realize it became a theme for my day.  True happiness comes in giving and serving.  I love serving my family. 
Bit enough excuses.  I am updating my blog.  It is my priority right now.  I hope to have a new post everyday.  It should take about a month to get through them all.  But here we go. 

No comments: