Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, July 23, 2022

Utah: Mapleton

When we plan our Utah trips I am always thinking about my parents house and going to Salt Lake.  We always plan a few days at my in-laws house in Mapleton.  Every time I regret that we didn't plan more time.  It is such a wonderful respite.  It is so peaceful and beautiful.  We always have the best time.  It is truly a vacation when we go there.  Their home is so magical for kids.  I love my in-laws deeply and wished we lived closer to them.

They have been going through some major trauma over the last year, and this year I hadn't planned on staying at their house because 6 kids is kind of a lot, plus Randy was still in the hospital.  But Debby wanted us and even bought toys and food.  


She even had Gwen and Marcus stay the night!  What a grandma!  Dane and Marcus enjoyed playing together.






The big kids even loved playing with the water guns.


Evenings in her backyard are simply heaven.  I could sit on her back deck and watch my kids play for hours.



Eventually they moved to the front yard and played frisbee with Jason.


And you can always count of grandma to have "ice cream on a stick"


We LOVE and adore Grandma Herbert!

No comments: