Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Carving Pumpkins

Boy am I grateful for Jason and he embraced the tradition of pumpkin carving.  It was one of those things I thought was fun in the beginning of motherhood, and then it was something that was "fine" and now it is something that I do not look forward to.  Jason however totally embraced it and he seems to grow with enthusiasm every year.  It is a fun family thing we do, and they know they do it with dad. 

The night before we carved the pumpkins we had a deep freeze and we forgot to take the pumpkins inside and when we went to grab them and carve them they were solid ice.  I built a little sauna with a space heater and a couple of hair dryers, it worked pretty well, except I melted a few baskets and the rug.   

While the older kids waited for their pumpkins to thaw Jason got going on Dane and Eve's





Many of the kids have taken to doing their whole pumpkin by themselves. 




Their pumpkins this year.  











I think they are our best ever

 

No comments: