Feeding the 5000 might just be one of my all time favorite parenting wins. I (and I think "we") have such fond memories of dong Feeding the 5000 when they were younger. I think it has so many great skills they learn as they do it, and I think when we are done they all feel genuinely good. Well, it had been canceled since covid, we all almost forgot about it. When I saw the flyer I desperately wanted to do it. It felt like climbing Everest to find a time the worked for everyone and to get everyone at least willing to come. Almost none of them wanted to come but I didn't let that stop me (I almost did - I am reluctant to force them to do things like I did when they were younger). But I am pretty sure they are all glad they went and enjoyed serving. It was a good reminder for all of us that teenagers don't always know what will be good for them. haha
There wasn't a time we could ALL go together, which is fine, you don't need that many people at once. Dane, Eve, and I went for the whole time and the 4 teens split into 2 groups and split the time. It doesn't suck having Brock have a drivers licences.
I LOVE watching them stop and ask people to donate. It is hard, it is awkward, and most people say no. But they keep asking. Dane and Eve didn't like it as much as I had hoped.
First crew.
Second crew.
No comments:
Post a Comment