Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Random

I was shopping and thought I should take a picture of my cart.  This was just the first part of the trip (now that I think about it I really should take a picture of my cart at the end). But I was impressed with myself with how many fruits and vegetable I had, especially vegetables.   I remember back in about 2011, we were on WIC and they just started giving you fruit and vegetable vouchers.  I remember wanting to buy a variety of vegetables but I didn't know what to buy except for carrots, lettuce, and cucumbers.  So this felt like a nice little "full circle" moment.  

This is the wallpaper for my phone right now.  I catch myself just looking at it.  Jason and I have had a good marriage and a happy life.  We fell in love young, and with that brought its own unique set of challenges and blessings.  Right now things are really good.  Probably the best they have ever been.  It has taken, and still takes a lot of work; but about 6 months ago we had a big heart to heart.  I had realized a few things about myself and wanted to make some changes in our relationship and he was kind enough to try something new.  It is hard to take on new roles and responsibilities and to let go of old habits and expectations - especially when we have had these expectations of each other since we were 16.  He is great and I am so glad to have him.

Sometimes I made myself something to eat and I am impressed with how delightful it looks.  This is surly not an everyday or every week event (me making myself a yummy breakfast/snack/lunch that is DIFFERENT than what I am feeding Dane and Eve.  But when it happens it feels like I am at a luxury spa!





And a Dane reading to Eve one morning in my room. 

 

No comments: